Just in time for Halloween. I present, "Tasty Turds".
1 recipe Rice Krispy treats or popcorn balls, still hot and unshaped
12 oz. semisweet chocolate
2 tbsp. shortening
1 small pkg. candy corns
wooden skewers (optional)
1. With a knife, remove the red and orange sections from candy corns, leaving only the yellow "corn" tops.
2. Prepare Rice Krispy treats or popcorn balls recipe as directed. (Rice Krispy treats are easier to shape).
3. Instead of shaping into balls or pressing into a pan, form the treats into oblong "turd" shapes. Let cool to set.
4. In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt together chocolate and shortening, stirring until well combined.
5. Using a wooden skewer (or a fork), skewer each "turd" treat and dip into warm chocolate.
6. Set on wax paper. While still warm, press 3-4 candy corn tops into chocolate.
7. Repeat. Let cool to set.